Thursday, July 4, 2013

Swamp Cooler Icechest

I'll be spending next week camping at Tiny Texas Houses while I attend a workshop on the tiny Loopholer cabins. We used to build our own swamp coolers for camping trips but with a battery powered fan. I love doing stuff like this and the heat next week is just a good excuse to do it again. 

I'll cut 2 holes in the top of the cooler, one for the fan to blow into the cooler and over frozen water bottles packed inside, another hole to fit the PVC elbow and direct the the cooled air coming back out. I remember it working pretty well. I'll update finished pictures and how it worked

I already have two of these little fans and leftover elbows from a plumbing project. 

I also have a broken and cracked ice chest, may use it instead, haven't decided yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment